I just finished reading Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See. It is a fascinating look into the lives of two Chinese women in the 1800s. It truly makes me grateful that I was born in the time/place that I was! I highly recommend reading this book.
I'd like to read her other books as well, but I have so many others lined up that they'll have to wait. I also recently finished reading Wuthering Heights, just in time to watch the theatrical version on PBS' Masterpiece Theater. I have a compilation of the Bronte sisters complete novels, and I've been making my way through them. Prior to Wuthering Heights I read Jane Eyre. It's fun to read the classics. They are so beautifuly written and they way they use language is a lost art.
The other things going on our lives right now is recovering from our second round of colds. Adam got it first, then Daniel got hit hard. As soon as I felt my throat get sore I started on Zicam, and I have to say, it has made a HUGE difference in how severe my cold got. My throat didn't get very sore, then I got just a few sniffles and that's it. I'm now a believer in this product! And on closer inspection of the package I see that they are based in Scottsdale, neat.
~Emily~
This entry was posted
on Monday, January 26, 2009
and is filed under
Snow Flower and the Secret Fan,
Wuthering Heights,
Zicam
.
You can leave a response
and follow any responses to this entry through the
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.
